As the new year flings into full speed and I am caught running with my shoes untied it seems, I thought I would sit down for a minute and catch a few ideas I have for this year.
1. Grow, in God, relationships and my marriage
2. GRADUATE!! I only have 1 more semester as a Tech student and then I student teach, I feel like December can not get here fast enough!
3. COMPLETELY potty train Parker. Last year we started, had it down for a few months, and now we are back to almost square 1...depending on what day and moment it is.
4. Become more organized...mainly in the house, but in school life as well. After all being a teacher is going to require me to become more organized!
5. Become an AWESOME teacher! I am SOO excited to begin my career (not only for monetary gain all though this is a great incentive since 2009 was a bit financially stressful) but to begin what I know I have been made for. This is my dream and my passion and God is SO good to allow me the opportunity to be where I am at!
Here is where I am going to copy and paste an amazing quote that Amanda has on her blog, although oddly enough I came across this quote when I started this education adventure and it hangs on my office wall!
"I've come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It's my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or de-humanized."
Dr. Haim Ginott
I feel that this sums up so much of what we've learned so far and my prayer for my classroom is that God helps me to remember this and not only to practice it everyday in my classroom but everyday at home as well. There is 1 thing that I have learned being Parker's mommy is that my mood affects him regardless of what is going on.
6. My final goal for this year is to be a better Mommy, more patient and understanding. Usually when Parker does something he has good reasoning (or at least at the moment it seemed good to him) and I want to learn to see that. 2009 was very stressful, at times hard and all at the same time it went by really fast!
I want to see things for how they are, learn to love the moment and even though this one will be really hard, enjoy the day and not look forward to or dread the next day!
Our Big Announcement!
8 years ago