Monday, July 21, 2008

Daddy running away with junk

So because I am not in school right now I have had a lot of time to look around the house, something I rarely have time to do. It has come to my attention that my house is very cluttered. Every closet is filled to the brim and every nook and cranny has something in it. Of course you have to realize that we've been in this house for over three years, but this is still RIDICULOUS!! So, Gordy and I have been VERY motivated these past few weeks (I really have NO idea why) and we've been cleaning things up and moving things around. The first weekend we cleaned the backyard up...which is AMAZING, it still has stuff to be done but it's getting there. Then the weekend before we cleaned out the garage (that was NOT fun) but it is done now. AND this past weekend we cleaned out the office closet! I am so proud of us. The stupid thing is there was still clothes in there from when I was in high school. I decided that since I am a Mommy now it wasn't really very cool to be wearing scooby-doo shirts and care bears. I think I will leave that up to Parker. The sad thing is there is so much stuff in our house that we will never need! I really think there is elves of clutter in my house. It's as if there are little elves running around our house putting random things in our closets. Some of that stuff I have NO IDEA where it came from. BUT I am watching out for them now that I am aware and all of the stuff we don't need is NOT getting put in a closet...it's just going to Goodwill. Yes, I sent Gordy packing yesterday with his truck full of things that I hope others will love as much as I did...or at least not throw it in the closet and forget about it. So, the really cute story out of all of this mess is: As Gordy was leaving (with a ton of bags of useless junk and old clothes) I say to him "Are you running away?" And he says yes, with all of my old winter clothes at least I won't be cold in this 90 degree weather. And he walks out to the truck. Parker RUNS full speed to the front door, hits his palms on the glass and screams "NO DADDY NO Please No Daddy!!" It was pretty cute, well sad but cute. So I yell at Gordy to come back inside, because by this time there is a puddle of tears on the floor. It took everything Gordy had to take Parker seriously, it was quite hard not to laugh. Of course I have NO IDEA where my son could have gotten his dramatic streak. It surely is NOT from me, I am NEVER over dramatic. But what ever dramatic DNA Gordy and I have, I think we doubled it in Parker. Nothing is ever small with him.

No comments: